A few months ago we announced an exciting partnership with Noonlight that enabled SmartThings users access to professional 24/7 smart home monitoring and emergency response for police, fire and medical emergencies. Noonlight has built technology around the traditional central station monitoring/dispatch industry and is able to offer high-value and low-cost connections to emergency services in all 50 U.S. states via your smart devices. Smart, is now safe.
Now Available for Hubitat!
Hubitat users can now take advantage of Noonlight's 24/7 monitoring service via our newly released integration: Noonlight for Hubitat
How Noonlight Works in Hubitat
Noonlight shows up as a Switch and/or Siren in Hubitat which you can control manually or automate. If you're using Hubitat Safety Monitor to alert for security or smoke/CO, you can set it up to turn onNoonlight like a siren/alarm. This initiates an API call over your internet connection to Noonlight's 24/7 facility in the United States.
Within seconds you will receive a text message from Noonlight confirming the alarm. You can respond via text reply.
You will soon receive a phone call from a Noonlight dispatcher. If it's a false alarm, tell them your 4-digit PIN and that's it.
If Noonlight cannot get in contact with you, they will dispatch your local emergency services to your home. This uses your hub's location setting to determine your location.
Why Noonlight is Better
- Noonlight allows the DIY smart home user to have the same peace of mind from 24/7 protection by a professionally managed central station at a fraction of the cost of traditional monitoring services by using their smart home eqipment and internet connection.
- When an alarm is triggered, Noonlight dispatchers see detailed information from the smart home devices that you authorize, including door/window sensors, motion sensors, smoke/CO detectors, presence sensors and temperature sensors. This allows the Noonlight dispatcher to potentially determine the nature of the emergency if you are unable to respond.
- Noonlight is backed by a UL certified central station, and can provide a certificate for insurance discounts
- Also includes the Noonlight App that you can use on the go to get help any time anywhere in the United States
- No long-term contracts or commitments. Cancel any time.
- Only $10/month (first month free)