WIFI OR ETHERNET CONNECITVITY
use existing wired sensors
get notifications anywhere
no additional fees
no batteries required
Add Smart Home Functionality To Your Traditional Alarm System
You already have a security system to protect your home, complete with wired sensors on your doors and windows.
Now imagine for a moment that you can keep your traditional alarm system and monthly monitoring subscription (if you have one), and add smart home functionality to it!
With Konnected’s DIY Smart Alarm System Interface Kit, you can arm and disarm remotely, check on alerts such as your kitchen window opening, or set off a strobe and siren.
Not into DIYs? Check out our network of dealers to get started.
Konnected works across all leading smart home apps:
How the Alarm Panel Pro Interface Kit Works
The Konnected Alarm Panel Pro Interface Kit works in parallel with your keypad-controlled alarm system by connecting directly to the traditional alarm panel in your home.
Check out these five easy steps!
CHOOSE THE ALARM PANEL PRO INTERFACE KIT IF YOU:
- Still want to use your traditional alarm system and just add smart home functionality to it
- Want to keep your professional home monitoring (if you subscribe to one)
- Need Ethernet connectivity & POE because your home is pre-wired for Ethernet*
- Want to have 12 zones and 2 siren/strobe outputs per panel*
- Want to ease your way into smart home alarms before fully switching over
- Love using your existing keypad and want to try using smart home apps with it to control the system
- *Compare with Alarm Panel
REASONS TO LOVE KONNECTED FOR APP-BASED HOME MONITORING
✓Works with leading smart home platforms & voice assistants
✓Infinitely expandable by adding any of our alarm panels
✓No additional monthly fees or subscriptions
✓Real-time notifications so you can monitor your home from anywhere
✓Automatically arms/disarms your home
✓Choose your favorite smart home app
✓Uses your pre-existing wired sensors and siren
✓Create smart home routines & automations
✓Works with nearly any wired alarm system including ADT, Honeywell, and many more
WORKS WITH MOST WIRED SENSORS & DEVICES
Breathe new life into all the sensors already wired in your home and make them visible and actionable in your smart home app.
✓Door and Window Sensors
✓Wired PIR Motion Sensors
✓Wired Glass-Break Detectors
✓Water Leak Detectors
✓Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors*
✓Alarm Siren and Strobe Light
*THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A FIRE OR LIFE SAFETY DEVICE. Use with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors is for informational purposes only. Do not rely on Konnected alone to notify you in a life threatening emergency.
Konnected is infinitely expandable by simply adding more Konnected Alarm Panel boards! Our unique decentralized approach means that each Konnected Alarm Panel board works independently and has its own connection to your smart home platform. You can add any of the Konnected devices, even mix either 6-zone WiFi model or the Alarm Panel Pro, anywhere there’s a WiFi signal. The smart home app syncs everything together into one cohesive system.
12 Zones — 1 Kit
24 Zones — 2 Kits
36 Zones — 3 Kits
60 Zones — 5 Kits
HOW MANY ZONES DO I NEED FOR THE INTERFACE KIT?
- In your traditional alarm system, the zones are most likely listed by the keypad or inside of the alarm system box (the one with all the wires). Count and note them down.
- Our Interface Kits require 2 more zones than your original alarm panel. E.g., if your traditional alarm panel has 10 zones, you’ll need 12 zones for Konnected. The 2 additional zones are responsible for monitoring 2 outputs (armed/disarmed indicator & alarm/idle indicator). Voila!
ALARM PANEL PRO FEATURES
• Ethernet connectivity & PoE
• ESP32 microcontroller with integrated Wi-Fi
• 5V output & 3.3V triggers
• 12V AUX output & two alarm outputs
• 12 zones
• Expansions ports for interface module(s)
• USB port
• RF shield
• 12V input
LOOKING TO KEEP YOUR KEYPAD AND ADD APP-BASED MONITORING?
Who said you can't have the best of both worlds? The Starter Interface Kit allows you to keep the home security routine you love while enjoying top-of-the-line smart home automations.
This is the perfect way to ease yourself into the world of modern home monitoring. It’s also great for everyone in your household that might be reluctant to try out new things and might need some additional time to get acquainted with smart alarms. With Konnected, there’s no rush and everyone can feel comfortable!
In case you don’t want the old keypad at all and/or would love to replace it with a tablet, try out one of our Conversion Kits!
LOCAL AND/OR CLOUD BASED AUTOMATION
Konnected supports LAN-based local home automation or convenient & secure cloud based platforms via our free to use Konnected Cloud service. Learn more about cloud vs. local on the blog
LEADING SMART HOME INTEGRATIONS
Monitor and control smart devices and home appliances wherever you are.
Integrate your smart home monitoring with Alexa-enabled devices.
The open-source home automation platform that focuses on privacy and local control.
Compatible with popular home automation devices, may include a variety of built-in apps.
Community-oriented, native, powerful and beginner-friendly.
A universal integration platform for all things around home automation.
Control MQTT Enabled smart devices.
WHAT KONNECTED USERS ARE SAYING
ALARM PANEL PRO
• ESP32 Microcontroller
• WiFi connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
• Ethernet connectivity: 100BASE-TX 802.3u
• Power over Ethernet capable: PoE+ 802.3at
• Input Power: 12VDC 2.5A
• AUX Power Out: 12VDC (max 1A when powered via PoE)
• USB port for customizing firmware and/or advanced debugging
• 12 input zones
• 1 dedicated 12V alarm output (max 2A)
• 1 dedicated 3.3V signal output
• 1 toggleable 12V/3.3V output
• Zones 1-8 may be used as 3.3V output zones
• Zones 1-8 may be used for digital sensors (i.e. temperature)
• 5VDC supply for low-power relays/sensors
• Very low power consumption (< 2.5W)
• Assembled in North America with foreign sourced components
• Compatible with nearly any 12VDC-24DC hardwired alarm system
• Adjustable to accommodate EOL resistors of any value
• Not compatible with addressable polling loop systems
• Not compatible with zone doubling
• 3.3VDC powered from the Konnected Alarm Panel
• Dry-contact relay supports up to 2A for triggering a keyswitch
• Adjustable Normally-Open or Normally-Closed
• Triggered by a 3.3V-5V signal
HOW MANY ZONES DO I NEED?
A zone in the context of alarm systems refers to a sensor or a group of sensors. Each zone in your system will show up in your smart home app as an individual device that you can name. For example, a single door sensor wired to a zone may be named "Front Door". You may also have a group of windows wired together on one zone and call it "Downstairs Windows". A good place to start is by looking at your existing alarm system and counting the number of zones. Often the keypad from your old system will have a zone listing either handwritten on a label or programmed into the display. For Interface Kits require 2 more zones than your traditional alarm panel additional zones. E.g., if your traditional alarm panel consists of 10 zones, you'll need 12 zones for the Konnected Interface to work. The additional 2 zones are used for monitoring 2 outputs, typically an armed/disarmed indicator, and an alarm/idle indicator. Learn more here.
What is the difference between conversion and interface?
Conversion kits work as a replacement to your traditional alarm panel or an addition to your new-pre wired home. Interface kits allow you to keep the traditional alarm panel and add smart home functionality to it.
DOES IT WORK WITH MY EXISTING ALARM SYSTEM?
Yes, Konnected Interface works in parallel with most traditional alarm systems - Honeywell, Ademco, DSC, and many more. With Konnected Interface, you can also keep the full functionality of your keypad as well as any monitoring you currently subscribe to.