Konnected Alarm Panel Pro 12-Zone Conversion Kit
Konnected Alarm Panel Pro 12-Zone Conversion Kit
BACKORDERED: Ships in 1-2 Weeks!
Retrofit your existing alarm and make it smart, all by yourself! The Pro Conversion Kit with 12-zones per panel, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connectivity, two outputs for sirens or strobe lights, and added Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a perfect replacement for all traditional wired alarm systems and a great home security solution for new pre-wired homes. Control and monitor your smart home with apps like SmartThings, Home Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and more - without any monthly fees!
Consider purchasing our Backup Battery with this purchase.
- 12-Zone Alarm Panel Pro
- 12V Power Adapter
- Piezo Buzzer
- Jumper Wires
- Adhesive-backed Mounting Standoffs
- Mini Screwdriver-pen
- Wire Labels Sheet
- Konnected Window Stickers
- Compatible with popular smart home platforms and voice assistants
- Expandable by adding any of our alarm panels
- No mandatory monthly fees or subscriptions
- Receive real-time notifications for remote home monitoring
- Automatic home arming/disarming functionality
- Customize with your preferred smart home app
- Utilizes your existing wired sensors and siren
- Set up smart home routines and automations
Learn more details and explore a product manual here.
WIFI OR ETHERNET CONNECITVITY
use existing wired sensors
get notifications anywhere
no additional fees
no batteries required
Use Your Existing Wires to Create a Smart Alarm System
Did you know millions of homes are pre-wired for an alarm system?
With the Konnected Conversion Kit, you can easily replace your old alarm panel or take advantage of your newly pre-wired home and create a smart alarm system.
This DIY wired alarm system retrofit works with leading consumer smart home platforms that allow you to monitor and control your home from anywhere, without expensive monthly security fees.
Not into DIY’s? We’ve got you covered with our network of dealers!
Konnected works across all leading smart home apps:
How The Alarm Panel Pro Conversion Kit Works
The Konnected Alarm Panel Pro replaces a traditional wired alarm system through your existing wired alarm sensors in five easy steps.
If you wish to fit it into your newly pre-wired home, skip Step 2.
Choose the Alarm Panel Pro Conversion Kit If You:
- Need Ethernet connectivity and/or PoE because your home is pre-wired for Ethernet
- Want to have 12 zones and 2 siren/strobe outputs per panel
- Don’t want to pay any monthly fees and switch fully to app-based self-monitoring
- Don’t want to use the original alarm system anymore
- Want the ability to replace original keypads with touch-screen tablets
- Have a pre-wired home without any alarm system installed yet
Reasons to Love Konnected for App-Based Home Monitoring
- Works with leading smart home platforms and voice assistants
- Infinitely expandable by adding any of our alarm panels
- No required monthly fees or subscriptions
- Real-time notifications so you can monitor your home from anywhere
- Automatically arms/disarms your home
- Choose your favorite smart home app
- Uses your pre-existing wired sensors and siren
- Create smart home routines and automations
How Many Zones Do I Need?
A good rule of thumb is that smaller homes usually require less coverage. But don’t worry, there’s an easy way to learn how many zones you need.
If your home has a pre-existing traditional alarm system, the zones are most likely listed by the keypad or inside of the alarm system box (the one with all the wires). Count them and voila - you’re ready to select the right Konnected panel!
Not sure how many zones you need for your new pre-wired home? The industry standard is grouping your windows together - each floor or cardinal direction is one zone. We also recommend that you keep each door and motion sensor as separate zones to ensure the most precise monitoring possible!
Alarm Panel Pro Features
- Ethernet connectivity & PoE
- ESP32 microcontroller with integrated Wi-Fi
- 5V output & 3.3V triggers
- 12V AUX output & two alarm outputs
- 12 zones
- Expansions ports for interface module(s)
- USB port
- RF shield
- 12V input
Looking to Replace Your Old Keypad?
You can upgrade the look and function of your home by replacing your old alarm system keypads with wall-mounted tablets after you've converted your wired alarm system. Wall-mounted Amazon Fire tablets are a beautiful and inexpensive way to create a DIY smart home dashboard.
Run power to the tablet using your alarm system's pre-existing keypad wiring and our 12V to 5V USB adapter and 3D printed tablet frames.
Prefer to keep the traditional keypads? Shop our Interface Kit that allows parallel connection with your existing system.
LOCAL AND/OR CLOUD BASED AUTOMATION
Konnected supports LAN-based local home automation or convenient & secure cloud based platforms via our free to use Konnected Cloud service. Learn more about cloud vs. local on the blog
- Self managed
LEADING SMART HOME INTEGRATIONS
Monitor and control smart devices and home appliances wherever you are.
Integrate your smart home monitoring with Alexa-enabled devices.
The open-source home automation platform that focuses on privacy and local control.
Compatible with popular home automation devices, may include a variety of built-in apps.
Community-oriented, native, powerful and beginner-friendly.
A universal integration platform for all things around home automation.
Control MQTT Enabled smart devices.
What Konnected Users Are Saying
“My experience with the store & setting up the Konnected panel was really easy to accomplish! Plan to purchase more & add-on's!”
"The instructions and videos guide you through the connections to the alarm panel, setting up the Konnected app, and then getting it into the SmartThings app. Worked right away out of the box."
"OMG, this piece of kit is outstanding and works seamlessly. It kinda pays for itself too because I've made some of my Smart Motion Sensors redundant and then sold them on eBay."
ALARM PANEL PRO
Up to 12 NC/NO input zones for wired sensors
Zones 1-8 may be used as 3.3V signal outputs
Zones 1-8 may be used for temperature sensors
1 dedicated 12V alarm output (max 2A)
1 dedicated 3.3V signal output
1 toggleable 12V/3.3V output
Toggleable 12V/3.3V output
Input Power: 12VDC 2.5A or power via PoE+ compatible network switch
300mA @ 12VDC max power consumption (device only)
Total power consumption varies depending on attached auxiliary powered devices and siren.
DC barrel jack connector 5.5mm outer x 2.1mm inner (center positive)
Works with up to 2 Konnected Alarm Panel Interface modules
Auxiliary Power Output:
Limited to 1A when powered via PoE
5VDC supply (max 300mA)
3.3V output for switching a relay or piezo buzzer
Upgradable and serviceable via USB connectionto a computer
1-year limited warranty
14.5cm L x 4.6cm W
Designed in the USA
Assembled in North America
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A zone in the context of alarm systems refers to a sensor or a group of sensors. Each zone in your system will show up in your smart home app as an individual device that you can name. For example, a single door sensor wired to a zone may be named "Front Door". You may also have a group of windows wired together on one zone and call it "Downstairs Windows". A good place to start is by looking at your existing alarm system and count the number of zones. Often the keypad from your old system will have a zone listing either handwritten on a label, or programmed into the display.
Conversion kits work as a replacement to your traditional alarm panel or an addition to your new-pre wired home. Interface kits allow you to keep the traditional alarm panel and add smart home functionality to it.
If you'd like to keep using your existing keypad, make sure to purchase one of our Interface Kits (instead of the Conversion Kit). Interface Kits allow you to keep the functionality of your traditional keypad, while adding the all-new smart home possibilities controlled from your phone, tablet or computer. If you want to stop using your keypad and monitor your home only with smart home platforms, choose any of the Conversion Kits. No matter your requirements, Konnected has a solution for you.
- Home Assistant
I cannot make it work - neither via Ethernet nor WiFi. A lot of back and forth with support with no outcome
Excellent product and Excellent Support!
Very easy to use and install. Met all of my needs and requirements. Have it connected through Home Assistant without any issue. Only issue I had was on power off/on sometimes the board would not wake up. Support diagnosed a hardware issue and sent me a replacement board promptly. No issues whatsoever since then.
Not really DIY Friendly…
This is my second kit and still haven’t been able to get it to work. Having to download multiple apps to update the software. Then there were only 2 jumper cables with the kit and not male on male. Having to locate wire to install. Happy I have tools because the tool provided is not it. I was really hoping that this would be a quick and easy way to monitor my system via SmartThings app but it has become a multiple day project and I think I may have to eat shit and call my alarm company because now the sensor won’t register when opening doors.
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. It sounds like the issues you are having will be very easy to solve.
Moved into a new built pre-wired home and looked into a traditional home security company. Didn’t like the fact of another subscription and cost. During a search of security systems I came across Konnected. Watched the videos and read up on the installation and compatibility. Took me less than 30 minutes to install and get it hooked up thru Homebridge. Amazing product for anyone looking for an inexpensive solution to monitor your own security system.
Easy to install. Great instructions. New life to an old system!
Simplest retrofit kit on the market
Installation of this product was very simple. You don’t need an electrical engineering degree to install it. Setting up and programming of the zones is about as simple as it.
Industrial Temperature sensor
My boss wanted a backup system to live monitor our facilities heat treating furnace. Using existing outputs on the temperature controller I was able to use the Konnected pro to send instant alerts to necessary personnel without having to involve our IT dept. to change firewall settings. Installation and programing were a breeze.
Only good for SmartThings. Homekit support is horrible.
If you are using HomeKit, you will have NO support and will be totally on your own. You can only really use Noonlight monitoring if you plan to use a SmartThings hub, which basically no one wants, due to requiring the cloud. Konnected needs to have their Homebridge integration developer on their payroll, so support can be provided. Its missing many features and doesn't work if Homebridge has an upgrade breaking it.
12-zone Konnected Alarm Panel Pro - a nice product
1) My kit I got the conversion kit to replace an existing 6-zone NetworkX NX-6v2 board with one 12-zone Pro card. I chose the conversion kit because the default installer code for nx-6v2 didn’t work, did not really fancy much the nx-6v2 programming such as for a key switch, wanted to move to fancier tablet based dashboard vs keypads, and, preferred to have more zones. The additional 6 zones allowed me to split a door group (1 —> 2 for front/garage) and patio door/window (1 —> 5) group. I still have one more zone that I plan to use for a digital sensor, e.g, attic temperature/humidity. In addition, I got the magnetic standoffs to hold the board in one place inside the existing metal cabinet. To power the board, I used the existing wiring but with the 12V adapter (instead of the old 16VA transformer) along with the DC Power screw terminal (female) at the adapter end of the wire and the DC power pigtail at the board side of the wire. 2) My set up My new set up has the Konnected board with Home Assistant as the controller instance in a Virtual Machine (VM) on a chromebox with Ubuntu desktop. I use the Alarmo custom card to get and post the states for the Konnected zones and (Alarm1) switch. Using the states as triggers, scripts in the Alarmo card actions and automations in HA enabled me to setup to get notifications to my cell phone (an entity in HA), and use a Google Home speaker group (an entity in HA) to play the siren sound as well as the announcements such as “patio door is open (or closed)”. I used the integration for Google text-to-speech (tts) translate service and Cast in HA. (Search YouTube for Alarmo card and HA). Using Google speaker group for siren sound also frees up the Alarm1 switch for other use Note: I had prepared for the set up by watching YouTube videos, and browsing the Konnected website, discussions in forum boards, etc.. So, had a plan and was ready when the board arrived. To do: - use existing keypad wiring for tablets (need 3!)…but, use alarm1/alarm2 switches to charge when battery level is <20% and not when >80%, etc. - more fancy automations (?) 3) The verdict - nice product The product has been well designed and easy for DIY folks. The board WiFi setup with the Konnected app was easy albeit for some reason I had to use the reboot button on the board once to reset the process. The discovery and integration via Home Assistant was quick and easy as well (note: not using ESP2Home…so far). Only one integration - HA or Smartthings or other - was shown allowed by the Konnected app. The Konnected app had a simple and well designed user interface with the ability to view the board status page. The Konnected pro board has been stable - both in WiFi connectivity and integration to HA - and working well. The state change updates (e.g., sensor —-> Konnected —-> HA) are almost immediate. The set up has been in operation for about 2 weeks. Thanks very much to the Konnected team for making this product and enabling a smart(er) home.
Works great and it was easy to hook-up. My only wish is to get the apps/drivers built into Hubitat. Your directions/illustrations were great though.
Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service
Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service
Easy to install, but…
Installation was easy. Set up ok. Haven’t been able to use yet. Not intuitive Continuing to have problems
Customer Phone Support is a MUST HAVE
While the product seems fine, I believe its important to have someone provide assistance for any toubleshooting. A email based solution is just a waste of time for everyone involved and its important to get the Alarm System Right Given the Safety Concerns.
Easy to install!!!
Alarm Panel Pro is amazing. Home Assistant connection is great. With Alarmo integration is one step forward. I brake my had with wired siren connection but with your help center at end I got it. I wish to test Esphome firmware asap.